donderdag 23 juli 2009

Current Ops

So what have I been doing lately?

The "one hour rule" wasn't really needed to keep painting over the past week or so. I have been painting a lot more without having to force myself. I guess seeing the progress that I'm making works pretty inspiring. And I haven't felt any urge to buy new stuff.

The project I'm concentrating on for the moment is a 15mm WW2 Russian army for skirmish gaming. Basing myself on the army lists in Mongoose Publishing's World at War, they are the nucleus for other games likes TWAT and IABSM by the Lardies. A while back I had painted one squad just for fun but last week I prepared three more squads for painting. I'm now putting the finishing touches on the last one while prepping some command figures and a pair of HMG teams. All I need to do then is paint two mortar teams, a T34/85 and a couple of SU85s to finish a 1500 point force. I'm aiming for the first club meeting after the summer reces to field this army in a game. That gives me a good two weeks to complete this task.

The army list:
Command section (without AT rifle team): 3 figures
4 infantry squads: 4 x 9 = 36 figures
2 HMG teams: 2 x 3 = 6 figures
2 mortar teams: 2 x 4 = 8 figures
1 T34/85
2 SU85

total 53 infantry and 3 vehicles

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Ctrl-Alt-Del: the Day after Crisis

What better time to restart this blog than what is to me the watershed moment of the gaming year: the Crisis show by the Tin Soldiers of Ant...