vrijdag 9 januari 2009

Spend less? Play more!

The first new figures are inbound! Yesterday Stef picked up the Zveda Ring of Rule troll, I should get my grubby hands on that one at the club this evening. I'm guessing that it will not be an overly complicated model when it comes to construction and painting, so I might just try to finish it by the end of the weekend. I have noticed over the last week that when I paint single models (or small batches of two or three figures) I get them completed a lot quicker.

The other figures are the Perry Miniatures 40mm peninsular British. At last I saw that my credit card was charged for these, so they should be on their way now. It makes opening the mailbox every evening that little bit more exciting. It took rather a long time compared to other orders I placed with the brothers, this one will have taken three weeks to arrive...

It might seem that the spending less idea has gone out the window after only a week, but in my defense the Perry figs were ordered last year. And the troll was not an impulse buy but meant for a project that I am acually playing for once!

This evening will see my first face to face game of SBH, my Uruk Hai with a few Moria goblins to max out the points will be facing Stefs Mordor orcs. Pics and a report will follow!

Keep on gaming!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Ctrl-Alt-Del: the Day after Crisis

What better time to restart this blog than what is to me the watershed moment of the gaming year: the Crisis show by the Tin Soldiers of Ant...