woensdag 4 januari 2012

What's this? A blog? And it's mine? Not Again...

Has it really been this long? Guess real life has been sucking the errm... life out of me even more than I thought...

Not that gaming was out of the picture completely, there still were the (irregular) club nights, drooling over the glossy magazines and attending the usual wargame shows (and a visit to Salute as well) and the unavoidable "ooh shiny" moments. I'm happy to say that those moments didn't get acted upon though... most of the time anyway. And those that did were limited to buying a set of rules only, my lead version of Mt Everest is able to supply most figures anyway.

But the time has come to perform some CPR on this blog and my hobby in general. I'm not planning on starting anything big for the foreseeable future, but I'm sure that when I finish typing what I do plan to do/am interested in, I'll be cursing myself (again).

  • Dwarf King's Hold from Mantic games: play some more games, work on some 3D terrain, buy the first expansion .
  • Wait for Project Pandora from Mantic Games: a SF twin to the above, slated for an April release.
  • While waiting for the above, maybe dig out my copy of Space Hulk (Stef?).
  • SAGA: I knew I bought those Foundry Vikings for something back then...
  • Ganesha Games: play some more of their excellent skirmish games.
  • Wait for the Napoleonic and fantasy mass battle games from Ganesha Games, due any moment now
  • Flames of War: sort out my Blitzkrieg Commander Russian army and join the others playing at the club (playing FoW in 6mm looks a lot better).
  • Start playing something from Two Hour Wargames.
All things considered, I guess the main issue will be time... The only things I don't own already are the Mantic games and a few PDFs from Ganesha Games.

Stay tuned!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Ctrl-Alt-Del: the Day after Crisis

What better time to restart this blog than what is to me the watershed moment of the gaming year: the Crisis show by the Tin Soldiers of Ant...