dinsdag 19 januari 2010

Quick update

So what have I been doing since the last post? Not as much as I would have wanted, even though I'm still steadily working my way through the painting desk.

I finished a batch of infantry and mortar stands for my late Russian Blitzkrieg Commander and have prepared the next one. They're glued, washed and base coated, ready for the painting brushes. Last friday at the club the painted ones got a lot of amazed looks from the warhammer crowd... amazed that these tiny 6mm figs can have painted webbing straps and even wooden rifle butts...

Other than that I've only been working on some pieces of streetfight scenery, made by UK based "Black Cat Bases". They produce a rather nice assortment of mundane items, ranging from discarded matrasses to vending machines to trash bags etc etc... Always great stuff to fill up the alley ways and streets during your gang wars/zombie runs...

And I really shouldn't hit myself over the head about the slow pace. After all, I did finish 33 figures this year, short as it may have been untill now. That still is more than one per day. I'd be a very happy camper if I can keep that up for the rest of the year...

Wait and see!
Happy painting to you all...

1 opmerking:

  1. Ludo,

    I just discovered your blog and became a follower. Very inspiring indeed.
    Sorry about my little avatar. It shows middle me, can't get it to show upper me...

    Pjotr
    http://nyudrevchronicles.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Ctrl-Alt-Del: the Day after Crisis

What better time to restart this blog than what is to me the watershed moment of the gaming year: the Crisis show by the Tin Soldiers of Ant...